Tuesday, April 1, 2014

And it begins...

So today is the day. Today is the day that I begin what I know will be a life-changing and spiritually lifting time of fasting. I've decided to embark on the Daniel Fast, a 21-day fast that's meant to encourage a deeper relationship with God. If you're interested in seeing what the Daniel Fast is all about in depth, check out this link and take a look for yourself http://www.daniel-fast.com/.

I don't have too much experience with fasting, but I really wanted to commit myself to this and just watch what God would do in my life with it (He's a multiplying God). Leading up to this decision I did some research on the Daniel Fast and also a little bit of soul searching within myself. I think everyone has quite a few bad habits that we're blatantly aware and yet we still choose to ignore them because let's be honest, breaking them would be hard. But that's exactly what I want to do while I take this journey; I want to break some of those old lingering bad habits and replace them with new, life-giving, and productive ones instead.

Just to give you some insight as to what I'll be battling against, here's some of the things I'm hoping to get rid of and some of the things I'm hoping to begin and make stick (they say you can make/break a habit in 21 days!).

GOTTA STOP THESE: 
-Eating an abundance of junk food and generally unhealthy food
-Never working out (bleh)
-Sleeping in every morning

GOTTA MAKE THESE START HAPPENING:
-Eating healthy and balanced food
-Working out 3x (that's a lot) week
-Going to bed at a decent time and therefore waking up on time
-Keeping a clean and PEACEFUL home
-Reading more

Realistically nothing on my list seems too impossible, but I'm human which means mistakes will be made and relapses will occur, but I've got God on my side for all of this and that's more than enough strength to bring me through.

Cheers to an incredible journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment