Tuesday, April 8, 2014

LESSON LEARNED!!

First things first, I'm not Jesus and because I'm not Jesus my body needs real, edible, nourishing food to function. I came to this startling revelation this morning when I woke up and attempted to get ready for work only to realize that I could take about 6 steps before my body was screaming for me to sit down and rest. Not good. In my excitement of yesterday (work, eGroup, celebrations, and fun) I had missed, or rather, skipped the opportunity for breakfast and dinner which resulted in my body only getting a lunch of green salad and broccoli. Well I guess that wasn't enough to sustain me for a 24 hour or so period, so by the time I woke up I was shaky and weak.

Lesson: Fasting is a wonderful and beautiful opportunity for us to deny ourselves so as to grow closer to God in a time of prayer and devotion; however, we must be wise and remember that our bodies are still temples created by God that are meant to be taken care of out of glory and honor to Him, therefore THEY NEED FOOD!


Ready to get real honest?? I had the opportunity to eat last night. I could have eaten at eGroup (I brought my own snacks) or I could have eaten when I got home before bed, but I was being lazy!!! I didn't want to take the time to sit down and eat some food that I really didn't care to eat so I just decided that I'd drink a bottle of water, call it a night, and sleep off my hunger. That, my friends, is called being selfish and foolish and although it's embarrassing to admit, it's the truth. The things that I dealt with this morning were consequences of my foolishness that could have been avoided had I simply been obedient to the Word of God. "The wise inherit honor, but fools get only shame." Prov 3:35. "Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies." 1 Cor 6:19. I wasn't honoring to my body last night; I didn't get down on my knees and ask the Lord for sustenance because I wanted to abstain from food for Him; nope, I was just being lazy and selfish and those two things can get us in a heap of trouble if we allow it, far worse than weak knees and a growling stomach.

How often do you make a decision based on self-comfort or convenience? Has God ever called you to do something but you backed away because it seemed like too much effort? Let today change that! Accept that this life is not your own and when facing something God called you to that seems like too much remember that you have a Father that is more than willing to give you the resources to make it happen. Think not of yourself, but of Him and as we Elevators would say, CONSIDER THE SOURCE!

No comments:

Post a Comment