Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Day 1 is DONE!

 Roasted Garlic Hummus and All Natural and Organic Salsa with Whole Wheat Flour Chip thingys = surprisingly delicious!


Day 1 is behind me and I got a small glimpse of what the next 20 days are going to be like.....hard. I'm not sure if anyone reading this has ever done the Daniel Fast, but anytime I'd see anything remotely delicious (and forbidden) there'd be this little voice in the back of my head, "Eat it. Just take one bite. One bite isn't going to ruin everything. No one will even know you did it and then you can go back to your fasting." Now whether that little voice was the enemy, the chatterbox, or just my inner foodie I'm not sure, but I do know that it's tempting; what I also pieced together though is that the little voice urging me to take a bite of the Chinese food is also the same little voice that sometimes tries to get me to indulge in sin. And what's more interesting is this...I easily told that little voice to back off and leave because I wasn't going to fail this fast, I had made a commitment to God and that food wasn't on the list so it wasn't going in my body; BUT WAIT! Why was it so easy to tell that little voice to back off when it came to food on a fast, but yet it's so hard to tell it no when it's trying to get me to stumble in sin, why is it so easy to justify our sin sometimes...."Oh I had to lie because had I told the truth she just would've gotten mad and it would've ruined the whole day; lying to her kept her in a good mood." or "Surely I'm not expected to show this person the love of Christ, I mean after all they did to me how can I be expected to show them forgiveness, compassion, and love." See how easy it is to justify our sin sometimes, when really there's no justification, only God's Word guiding us in how we should live our lives for our Savior. And just like I told my little voice to shut up and go away because that food wasn't on the list, we should always be telling ourselves to back away from that sin because it's not in Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment